Published: January 03, 2013
Volkswagen Reports 35.1 Percent Increase in 2012 U.S. Sales
Company Delivers Over Twice the Volume Sold in 2009, Best Calendar Year Since 1973; December Sales Total 44,005 Units, a 35.4 Percent Increase and the Best December Since 1970
Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA)
- Brand achieves a 35.1 percent increase with 438,133 units delivered and 28 consecutive months of growth
- Chattanooga-built Passat, sold 117,023 units, its best year ever and a 413.7 percent increase versus 2011; 14,462 units in December
- Jetta Sedan sales total 13,102 units in December and 146,478 year-to-date
- 2012 Beetle achieved 3,182 units in December
- Golf up 15.9 percent, Tiguan up 22.1 percent and Touareg up 40.1 percent versus 2011.
- High-mileage, clean diesel TDI models account for 20.6 percent of sales in 2012 and 16.7 percent in December
Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 438,133 units delivered in 2012, a 35.1 percent increase over prior year sales. December deliveries totaled 44,005, up 35.4 percent over 2011, marking the best December since 1970.
To read the complete release at NewsBlaze,
Volkswagen Reports 35.1 Percent Increase in 2012 U.S. Sales,
Related Marketwired Releases News
Her Majesty's Canadian Ship Toronto successfully disrupted her fourth narcotics shipment in two months as part of ongoing counter-terrorism operations in the Arabian Sea. During the search and inspection of a vessel by the ship's naval boarding ...
Product photos are available at http://bit.ly/18eu9RL.
Matrix Asset Management Inc. announces that the terms of its proposed business combination with Marquest Asset Management Inc. previously announced on February 13, 2013 have been revised. A binding promissory note and binding asset sale term sheet ...
Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC and KSF partner, the former Attorney General of Louisiana, Charles C. Foti, Jr., remind investors that they have until July 22, 2013 to file lead plaintiff applications in a securities class action lawsuit against Aruba ...
Cap-Ex Iron Ore Ltd. announces that it has closed a private placement of 20,730,000 units at a price of $0.10 per Unit for proceeds of $2,073,000. Each Unit is comprised of one common share and one share purchase warrant . Each Warrant entitles the ...
Capital Pacific Bancorp announced today the results of recent elections to its board of directors.